Rslogix5000 v20.01 grace period

Buzz_Santos

Greetings,

I just installed the rslogix 5000 v20.01 and I’m on the grace period.
I wanted to try and use the programming functions like ladder, but the menu is grayed out, also I can’t create tags, nor edit them. What can I do to unlock this? Still waiting for the dongle to activate the license.

The program should be fully functional on the grace period - except for firmware updates of the CPU.

Have you created a new project and selected a rack and CPU?

Yes. All that, then I go to MainRoutine, all menus of ladder greyed out. The edit menu also grey. Tags can’t make new ones

Also I opened a complete project, I can see everything, just can’t edit

Ps. I’m on windows 7 ultimate on a virtual machine, windows 10 os on host machine.

Probably? It just strange that my situation is different. What can I do? The install is new, like I did it an hour ago, btw this is my 2nd attempt after installing in the win 10 OS.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v20\Bin right click on RSLogix5000.exe.

Select Properties. Click on the Compatibilty tab. Click on Change Settings For All Users. Place a check in Run this program as an administrator.

If it was because the program didn't have the rights to access the folder because these rights were needed this should fix that.

If you still have problems then in the same settings check Run this program in compatibilty mode for: and select Windows Vista (Service Pack2) from the drop down list.

After you installed RSL5K did you shut down and restart the VM?

Not just suspend and close the VM, actually click on the Windows icon and Reboot or Shut Down Win7Ult (then reopen the VM and reboot it)

If not it might not have all the background services running.

Go to Help and then About Logix Designer (Or RSLogix) and see if it says "Service Edition". This has happened to me a couple of times lately, if I don't have my dongle inserted then it changes to Service Edition and I can't make any online changes at least. Haven't tried going offline with it, so I'm not sure if you should be able to do any programming offline or not.

Attached a screenshot of what I was referring to in my previous post. Service Edition only allows you to see the program, not make any changes.

ServiceEdition.PNG

View attachment 52948

Seems it's the service edition.

I'm not sure exactly why it started putting me in Service Edition when I don't have my dongle in, but it seems to have started when I recently installed V30 of Studio in addition to what I already had installed. I used to be able to get the fully functional grace period until only recently, and that's the only thing I've changed.

Version 20.01 (& 20.02 & 20.03) are buggy versions.

Download either 20.04 or 20.05. They will open all 3 older 20 versions and have (less) bugs.