RSS to SLC file conversion

pericj

Hello,

Would someone please kindly convert an RSS file I have to an SLC file for me?

I've asked around and no one has the software here for converting the file and I'm out of options aside from getting the vendor to do it or buying the software to do it.

Thanks.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for helping out.

I'm very new to this stuff so I'm not sure how to answer. The program is for a Micrologix 1100 and we're trying to port it over to a 2080-L70E-24QWB and figure it out from there. It was an outside party that originally designed the setup a long while ago. I was able to upload the software from the old PLC and I'm recording everything I can with respect to connections and data presets so when this doesn't work out whoever we bring in to finish the work will have a decent starting point to work from. ;)

Thanks again.

Thanks for the clarification; I thought you might be wanting the *.SLC because you had one of those DOS-era software tools.

Attached is the *.SLC library format file, as well as the "Database Export" in Logix 500 format. This is an ordinary feature of RSLogix 500 in the Save As menu.

I'm not familiar with any import or conversion tools that CCW might have for MicroLogix programs, unfortunately. And this project has no descriptions or labels, evidently because it was uploaded without the original project file. So you're going to have some reverse-engineering and documentation to do.

Thank you, Ken. I was able to take the file and import it in CCW. I re-targeted the project to the new PLC and now - not entirely to my surprise - I have a bunch of build errors; undeclared identifiers. I imagine that even if I figure out how to properly fix those there are still going to be other build errors after that.

I imagine that even if I figure out how to properly fix those there are still going to be other build errors after that.
Good luck. It's pretty straightforward and not too big.

I don't know the opportunity cost of your time to your company, but post back here if you decide to job it out and someone will likely respond with a PM.

Sidebar: Am I missing something? If not, who writes this stuff?
Untitled.png

Hello

Would anyone be able to convert this RSS file to SLC for me? I am using RS Logix micro software and this option is not supported in the "Save as" menu.

For information I bought the Allen Bradley PLC and downloaded "connected components workbench" thinking I could migrate the software over. But I need the SLC file format.

So close but still so far.

Thanks if anyone can help I've searched a lot for a solution.

Password: 7782
User: KBS

Good luck. It's pretty straightforward and not too big.

I don't know the opportunity cost of your time to your company, but post back here if you decide to job it out and someone will likely respond with a PM.

Sidebar: Am I missing something? If not, who writes this stuff?
Who writes this stuff? Everybody. I find junk like this all the time.

Hello

Would anyone be able to convert this RSS file to SLC for me? I am using RS Logix micro software and this option is not supported in the "Save as" menu.

For information I bought the Allen Bradley PLC and downloaded "connected components workbench" thinking I could migrate the software over. But I need the SLC file format.

So close but still so far.

Thanks if anyone can help I've searched a lot for a solution.

Password: 7782
User: KBS

It's password protected.