RSTune Software for PID Loops

SCRUFF

I have a PID loop controlling the stroke on a Soda Ash Dosing Pump to control pH on a water treatment plant. There is an extrememly long deadtime and I cannot successfully tune this PID loop. Not only that but I have trended the pH and it seems to drop out every now and then to basically nothing.

Thus, I was wondering if RSTune Software could assist in controlling this pH PID Loop as well as does anybody know the ~cost of this software and where I can get a copy of it?

THANKS!!!

PH is logorathmic.
PID alone will have a tough time.
If you can linearize your PH signal, that should make tuning MUCH easier.

I'm not sure if RSTune has the characterizer funtionality, but I know that RSLoopOptimizer does.

For a typical non-linear loop where PV/CV is not constant you would use an output characterizer based on test data points. However, for the pH loop, you would use an input characterizer.

I haven't done any pH loop tuning, but if you find the literature/user guide for the software, it will explain it all better than I can.