RsvcHost.exe

chavak

Hi,

After installing Studio 5000 [V21] followed by RSView Studio [V7], I see the PC became very slow after after the restart. Upon checking the task manager found RsvcHost.exe taking up more than 95% of CPU utilization. When I force stop this service, the utilization drops to normal level of around 15~20%.

Anybody encountered this scenerio and how was the fix for this. Searched here and googled without specific fixes. But a lot of tools offered in the internet to fix this under malware etc. Never want to try that:unsure:

Thank You
Best Regards

I have not seen this specifically. However, one thing I always do after installing FT Studio is to get the latest patches.

Sort of like how Microsoft patches Windows products every month on "Patch Tuesday", RA does something similar. Every month they issue a patch roll-up for the FactoryTalk products.

Most issues I have seen are usually (not always) addressed in these updates.

OG

Hi,

For those encounter similar issues as me.

My issues have finally been solved. Thanks for the support from tech connect.

The issue was a conflict with Microsoft Forefront, which is used for web access of outlook [which I never used].

Here are the steps that need to follow:
1) Disable all Rockwell application services
2) Uninstall Microsoft Forefront UAG endpoint components (while Rockwell application services is disabled)
2) Reboot laptop

After performing those steps my CPU utilization dropped from a steady 100% to below 20% [at times less than 5%]

Regards