RSView 32 V6.50 communication to third party device on Modbus TCP/IP

RexIR

Hi,

Back after a long time. And in need of help.

Customer had a system where 4 equipments were being controlled by a single PCL 5/40. Each equipment panel had I/Os which was communicating on Devicenet to a CN2DN. And the PLC5/40 was communicating to the Panels and the RSView32 on ControlNet.

Recently the system has been replaced by Standalone Microcontroller based panels. The customer is interested in using the existing RSView32. The new controllers communicate on Modbus TCP/IP.

How can I get the local standalone panels to communicate with the RSView on Modbus TCP/IP. Customer does not want to use any new hardware. The panels are connected to the PC (Windows XP with RSView and RSLinx)through ethernet via a 8 port switch. Can this be done using RSLinx or some OPC Server?

Please advice.

Thanx in advance.

RexIR