RSVIEW 4.0 User Accounts Problem

Steve Cav

Hi,

I have in numerous RSView applications created login / logout pushbuttons and then prevented access to "Goto Configure" pushbutton via animation. This has worked well in version 3.2 in the past.

However, I now have an application which may or may not have originally been created in 3.2 but is currently being modified using version 4.0. Unfortunately when I implement the modification detailed above and attempt to login I get the message "Login of user 'XXX' failed. Insufficient access rights"

I have 2 accounts, the DEFAULT and another called ENGINEER. Both accounts have access to all screens. The ENGINEER account was created by: -

- Going into User Accounts
- Select RSView3.x Accounts tab
- Add the account with "Y" for all (A-P)
- Select RSView4.0 Accounts tab
- Select SETUP from toolbar and then select migrate 3.x user accounts
- this completes successfully

However, when running a test application or downloading to the Panelview 1500 I get the same error message when attempting to log in as ENGINEER.

Any ideas?

Steve