RSView ME runtime on Omron HMI

Outrage

Hi All,

Whilst I'm waiting for the manufacturers to respond I'm just wondering if anyone has used RSViewME runtime on an Omron NS8-TV01B-V2 HMI? We are being asked to install this HMI in lieu of our standard offering.

We sell a standard range of machinery which generally uses Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC's and a Panelview plus HMI. Our software is generic for each machine so we don't really want to re-develop our HMI software in omron's propriatory HMI package if we can help it, plus the details on the communications interface between the two suggests that interfacing with our array type addressing in the CompactLogix may be problematic.

The internet detail I have found suggests that this is a windows 7 based machine so I'm wondering if anyone has ever installed non Omron software on it?

Any comments greatly received.

Cheers,

Lee

Good Morning,
The Omron NS series runs a closed operating system.
It does not support third party applications.
Programming tool is CX-Designer.

Hope this helps.