RSview ME Runtime license

I have a windows xp OS that has RSview ME runtime on it version 4.00.00.60.

My current development software is factorytalk view studio 7.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 6)

I want to update the runtime version to work with factorytalk view studio 7.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 6)

When I run an 4.00 .mer file a 10 digit number appears during startup so i thought that was the serial number. When I called rockwell they said that number did not exist in there system.

I do not have any of the original disc or information as I am not the original OEM

This is before they used factory talk activation.

My question is am I dead in the water to update the runtime because I can not find a serial #?

Any help is appreciated I always seem to struggle with anything Allen Bradley

The .mer file doesn't affect the activation. You can replace the .mer file as you wish. Your ver. 7 is capable of creating a ver. 4 .mer file.