RsView Messenger - Setting up Email destination Problem

I have had Messenger sending email with Outlook without any trouble but I think IT set-up an older or stripped down version of Outlook.

If I remember between know and work I will ask about it and post back.

Sending Emails from RSView32

Has anyone gotten RSView32 messenger to actually send emails in Lotus Notes? We been successful in having RSView32 Messenger create the emails in Lotus Notes; however, unless you sit there to click the "send" button the emails will not go anywhere. Does anyone know how to have RSView32 or Lotus Notes actually send the messages to the Notes server?

rwheelerr said:
I had to use outlook express. It works fine. MS outlook will not work. Make sure you change the settings to allow external programs to send email.

I second this. I have done this for years with Outlook Express and it works fine.

Hm... I am using messenger but as above only sending alarms using XP with outlook on a corporate network (we have set up a group called Eng_Alarms) anybody that needs to receive the alarms gets put in the group, this has worked fine now for some years.

parky said:
Hm... I am using messenger but as above only sending alarms using XP with outlook on a corporate network (we have set up a group called Eng_Alarms) anybody that needs to receive the alarms gets put in the group, this has worked fine now for some years.

As Bob indicated above you are probably using an older version of Outlook. Here is part of the technote that explains this:

Problem:
RSMessenger is attempting to send Email Message via MS Outlook.

The Messengers attempt to send the Email message produces the following prompt:

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?
If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No".

Click Yes produces the following prompt:
A progam is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?
If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No".

These prompts require user interaction - and the email is not sent until they are addressed accordingly.

Cause:
Microsoft Security Updates have been installed (Outlook 2000), or Outlook 2002 or greater is installed.

Solution:
Use Outlook Express 6.0
Outlook Express 6.0 has an option that can be deselected and will allow RSMessenger to send the email message uninterrupted. This same option does not exist for the Microsoft Outlook product at this time.

In Outlook Express 6.0, the option is found on the Tools Menu:

Tools -> Options -> Security Tab

- Warn me when other applications try to send mail as me.

This option can be deselected and will allow RSMessenger to send the email message uninterrupted. This setting works with Outlook Express only and does not carry over to the Microsoft Outlook Product.

This is technote #P65638706