Rsview Studio Export Screens?

PLC Gremlin

I may be missing it but I cannot find the command in RSview Studio ME that will let me export all of my screens out as pictures (.bmp or any other). I am having to resort to doing a print Screen and cutting them out in Paintbrush. There has to be another way.
I used to do it all the time in Panelbuilder32.
If any one could point me in a better direction, I should certainly appreciate it.
Thanks.

Just to make sure I understand what you are trying to do, am I correct that you want captures of the screens in your application that you can then paste in a Word document (for operator training or a similar use)?

I know that you can export the graphic displays in XML, but that is useful only if you are planning on using the displays in a new RSView ME application.

Am I on the right track?

You hit it on the head..

In Panelbuilder 32 you could go to the Screen Menu and click a menu item called Capture Manager. It did
exactly what I am trying to do. Just Capture the Screens to Paste her and there for Manuals and Flow Charts and such.. Seems simple enough.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any RSView ME feature that matches the Capture Manager. It looks like your tedious way may be the only option.

Perhaps a screen capture software (I use Fullshot) could make the job a little easier, but you may still have to edit the pictures even using one of these tools.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Thanks anyways...

I just wanted to make sure that I was not overlooking something in the menus that captured screens. Seems like a really handy feature that they have left out.
....Go Rockwell Go.....
Glad to see that the insane prices we pay helps out!!!

Open Microsoft Word, new document
Open the display you'd want to capture.
Use "Ctrl" + "Prnt Scrn" buttons.
Minimize RSView studio and maximize the Word window.
Right click, select paste and there's your capture.

Hope this helps.

From the file menu, just print to a PDF file by using something like Cute PDF. Then export the file into any format you want.

Just came back to check this thread...

bkottaras: I has already tried the "ctrl" + "PrntScreen" , For some reason windows doesn't recognize the display window as seperate and will not only capture it, Still get's the entire screen.. At least on my laptop it does.

norml: Pretty good Idea, i had printed a few of them to the printer and I should have thought of sending it to a PDF. Have to test it but could probably save it out as about anything if I had Adobe PDF full. REader may do it. Have to check. Or like you said, another generic PDF tool may work.

KidBlue: Very cool.. I am going to check this out. I could potentially find lots of uses for this. I am constantly using printscreen for a variety of different things..

Edit:.. Unfortunately none of these matches the capture manager in the good ole Panelbuilder.. Interesting that they did not put that functionality into RSview Studio.. Appreeciate the ideas..

Last edited: