RSview Studio ME "Confirm Action" Pushbutton

You can use it for SLCs, you have to either define the tags "manually" or you can import them (I don't recall the exact procedure) from the project file. Its just doesn't work as cleanly as connecting to a ControlLogix project file or processor.

PhilipW said:
Dave,

Online browsing works fine for the SLC500. The ability to browse the offline file as well, is available only for ControlLogix.

I'm 100% sure on this...I just completed a system using PV+ and and SLC500 just last weekend.

Thanks Philip

I didnt know that, i remember reading somewhere that you couldnt browse on the slc! Mind you if your writing the software at the office and the macine/panel is on site being wired then online browsing is of no use unless you have duplicate kit!

If I have to do an offline tag import for SLC500, what I have done in the past is that ALL the data I want to access in the SLC is located in just one or two contiguous data files (which is good practise any way) and then I export the SLC data table to another dumme project, trim out all the other data files I do not want, then use that project to for the tag import into PanelView. That way I can get just the HMI tags into the PanelView.