RSView32 Reporting Utility

Deer

Hi All,

Does anybody here have try use RSView Reporting Utility?

I have a problem when using this utility, when I create a button to call this utility using RSView command (appstart), the utility can't appear on the front display but always on the back screens RSView32.Does anybody here can help my problem?

Thanks in advanced

Deer

You need to edit the registry and change FOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT to 0. There's an appnote on the Rockwell support site and, I think, a downloadable application to do the job for you if you don't like the idea of editing the registry yourself.

Hi NOP,

Thanks a lot for your reply,from your explanation I saw there is a possibility to changes it.
But, coud you give me a little bit how to access registry in computer specially about FOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT?
Because I want to try to change it?
Hey, BTW, do you know a downloadable application for reporting?
Thanks NOP..

I don't want to seem unhelpful but I really don't want to teach registry edits via a web forum! Editing the registry isn't especially difficult, it's just that if you mess up then your entire PC could be useless and it'd be my fault! I'd get onto the Rockwell site and use the utility/contact tech. support. They might also be able to help with a report utility (not a certainty, RSView takes data from where you say and puts it where you want, what you do with it when it gets there is more up to you).

Cheers

OkiePC said:
Please let me know if this works...I've had this issue with my Windows2000 pro RSView32 machines and never did figure out a workaround.

OkiePC
Definitely works!!

The FOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT key has been in Windows for some time but was originally defaulted to zero. Beginning with Win 2000 and continuing with XP, it is set to 200,000 by default. The number represents milliseconds. In theory, after calling up the background application, if you do nothing for 200 seconds (not even jiggle the mouse) then the app will come forward. Setting the key to zero means there's no delay.

The RSview 'appstart' always starts applications as background.

Almost done but...not finished yet

Gentleman,

I have successed to make RSView reporting utility to be front position using FOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT, set to zero value.
But, when RSView already appear on the front, we should choose one type reporting, let say Real Time Report mode and we choose SELECT LAYOUT,and choose NEW TAG.
Problem comes when we browse NEW TAG to choose a tag thatI want to make a report, the RSView report Utility again back to the behind RSView32 screen.
So, I can't do anything again.
Any comment from you?
Thanks