RSview32 Works 1500

sjazzar

Hi all,

I have the FactoryTalk package and I am trying to modify a RSview based SCADA system. The Rsview system has "RSview32 runtime V6.3". I have made several attempts to modify the RSview-based SCADA system. The first attempt was using a trial version of RSview32 V3.2. I could not modify the graphics as I was only allowed to access 34 tags. I made some research and read that I can convert the RSview files into an accessible format in FactoryTalk so that I can modify the graphics using the FactoryTalk package; is this true?
Is there any way I can modify the RSview-based SCADA system (has an excess of 300 tags) using the FactoryTalk package? is there any downloadable solution for my problem?

Thank you.

You can import a RSView32 INTO FTView, but there isn't a way to get the converted graphics BACK into RSView32. To edit RSView32 screens, you need RSView32.

Thank you for your answer jKerekes. Is there any way to enable the modifications using the RSview runtime V3.2 or V3.4?

If you have RSView 32, you're going to have to make the edits with RSView32 Works -- and it is a licensed product. As you've already discovered, the trial version is limited and won't do what you need. You will have to talk with a local Allen-Bradley rep to get a legal license.

As jkerekes already told you, FTView will import an RSView32 project and convert it, but you cannot convert it back to RSView32.

The two products are essentially mutually exclusive.