RTD Module question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I have two RTD's in the same acid tank. One reads 104 degrees F and the second is reading 54 degrees F. They are both at the same level in the tank and both are 100 ohm RTDs.
The other problem is that I have two RTD modules, one has all the channels lit and the other only has the green LED to indicate power lit. I moved the module from slot 10 to slot 11 in the rack. Before that, all channels were lit. I don't have a way to post the program here. Thanks much for whatever advice you can offer.

Why did you move it to slot 11? Can you move it back to slot 10?

You need to give the brand and model numbers for everything involved. Sounds like the RTD Module was set to be in slot 10 of the rack, and now that it's in slot 11, what ever is controlling it needs to be reprogrammed.

Sorry, it's AB, for a SLC500 w/ 5/03 processor. It was originally in slot 11, I moved it to slot 10 for troubleshooting purposes, then moved it back to slot 11. When I download a program from several months ago it works fine. When changing slot's it prompts me to change all I:10/n's to I:11/n's and I select yes. I have checked configurations of the modules to both programs and can see no difference.

Sorry, it's AB, for a SLC500 w/ 5/03 processor. It was originally in slot 11, I moved it to slot 10 for troubleshooting purposes, then moved it back to slot 11. When I download a program from several months ago it works fine. When changing slot's it prompts me to change all I:10/n's to I:11/n's and I select yes. I have checked configurations of the modules to both programs and can see no difference.

Precisely which RTD Input Card are you using? Full Catalog Number please. Are you using 2, 3, or 4 Wire RTDs?

Stu.....