Running FactoryTalk View applications on a PC?

Paul351W

There have been some discussions here about remotely controlling several machines from a central location and I was curious what we could use to run existing PV+ files on a PC from a remote location?

I can't find much detailed information on FactoryTalk View ME Station, and the current version I have only allows 5(?) screen applications to run on it currently.

With ME Station, are there any limitations or restrictions on how long or how many applications you can run at one time? The upper management has a vision that the central monitor/control point will be able to monitor/control several locations at once.

One of my co-workers started playing around with ViewPoint, and if I am remembering correctly you have to have a direct ethernet path to the panelview?

Our architecture is set up such that each PLC has an ethernet card for local network, which houses the I/O, drives, PV, etc, and the other ethernet card connects to the business network. Unless there is some way to bridge through, I'm not sure how that would work.