S5-155U and CPU948

dm_srini

Iam new to siemens systems and trying to install S5-155U CC with a CPU 948 in a very old plant.The CPU is OK and RUN LED is Green and iam able to communicate with PG and write small programs. The moment i adress an IO, the ADF error LEd flashes. The adress swith in the module is checked. The CC has no IM modules and is a standalone system with one CPU and few IO modules. The location of the inderted modules is OK.

What else to be done to get rid of the ADF error. Iam trying to simulate inputs by giving voltage but no change in status.
Any IO assignment to be done? If so how? Please help.

Your I/Q modules needs voltage and also you need to enable them
via either connecting 24V to the F+ F- OR briding 1 and 2 on X20 ( is situated on top of the module ,about same place as the adressing dip switch)

hope it helps

Eric