[S5-155U CPU948]Communication Intouch and PLC

apple

Hi~
I have a question about Intouch. this is,could Intouch directly read/write date(DD,DW,I,F...etc) from/to PLC via H1Server? assume all setup, include tagname, access name, tag type...etc, then next step , is just keyin the item that i want into field, like I2.0, DB20D1.0, DB30DD2KG....etc?
If it's not, what option I need to set?
Thank you very much!!

After two months studying, here are some information, hope can help you to know PLC and PC how to communicate via CP143.

(1)In CP143 part, you need use COM143.exe to setup this file P***.143 for your CP143. Include parameter of SSNR,ANR,Job Type,remote PC mac,Local TSAP...etc.
Assume :
SSNR=0 (depend your DIP Switch.If set 0, you have 0~3 to use.)
ANR=20 (job number,no repeat others)
Job Type : Fetch or Receive or Send...(depend your using)
remote PC mac : is PC mac, 12 HEX numbers, example:00AA0000FFFF
Local TSAP : you need defind a name, let "spokeman" can use it.("spokeman" is program in PCLINK package)

(2)In PLC part,you need synchronize CP143 when PLC restart, use the synchronous function first,then use Send All or Receive All function, transfer your data to CP143,let your client program use it,like intouch...etc .

(3)In PC part, you need defind the Node first, use PCLINK package. you need defind the Node name,TSAP,CP143 mac in spokeman. If you use Intouch, you need defind H1Server.exe first.So almost like this :
Intouch <==> H1Server <==> PCLINK <==> CP143 <==> PLC's function.

Hope this useful to someone.

Sorry to revive this old topic again. But I am in a similar situation and I need to fetch data from S5 over Send/Receive. Can anyone please guide me regarding the addressing mechanism? Thats the problem I am facing. Thanks in advance.

Hi~ SolidSnake
First all, sorry my bad english. What's you meaning "fetch data from S5 over Send/Receive" ????
And "How do I address the tags/items?" Do you use Intouch version 5.6 (I use Intouch version 5.6) ?? If it is.
(1)After your setup done the CP143 side(follow the previous post).And the PCE-S5 network card is installed on your PC.
(2)You need setup PCLINK parameter via ADMIN.exe. On ADMIN.exe screen, press 2 and press 1 to add new Node, fill "Node name" and "Host ID"(this is your CP143 MAC address) and "TSAP ID"(this is you set in CP143 parameter, remember?). And write down your "Node name", you'll use it in H1Server setup.
(3)After PCLINK, you execute the H1Server.exe. Under the menu, find the "topic",Add new Topic ,and fill name to the "Topic Name" field for Intouch used and fill name that you just wrote down to "Spokeman Node Name" field.
(4)After H1Server, you need add the "DDE Access Name" in the Intouch. On the "DDE Access Name" screen, fill the "H1Server" on the Server Name field, and fill your "Topic Name" on the Topic Name field. After this , you assign the DDE Data that you want read from or write to S5 PLC Data under the tag page.

Almost this's all. Sorry my english, hope this is detail enough. Hope it can help you.

Last edited: