S5 cold restart required.

timkearton

I am still having a problem with a S5 plc requiring a cold start. I have a PG 675 with some connecting leads and without being rude, I don't know where to plug them. The plc is connected to a Siemens Series 8 CNC (very old and obsolete) and there is no comms board in the S5 rack. To be honest, I am not getting very far with the PG 675 as I have no manual . Am I a lost cause, or can someone out there help.

Steve,
I am not sure of the numbers you want, so here are some of the board numbers:-
6ES 5924-3SA11, 925, 926, 927, 2 x 6ES 5350-3KA21, MS 720 B01, 6ES 5301-5AA12-Z. The whole plc is a S5 150 S.
Regards
Tim.

Everything except the MS720 are I/O cards. Haven't come across an MS720, so maybe this is an NC controller that happens to be using S5 I/O cards. Hopefully someone else will recognize these bits.

Simon
Does this mean the Ms 720 is the CPU/ Controller which has the red stop light on?
Not come across the S5 150 in my field as my line is more automation not machine tools. Do these processors have run stop switches and overall reset sitches which could wipe the program if nescessary or is it all done through pg interface.
How does the machine display connect is it on plug or hard wired?