s5 - stop at settled time???

bogdan_cioric

Hello, please tell me if is possible to send cpu (cpu 115u - 941/942) to stop at settled time. for example how to proceed to stop cpu at december 25, 2005 07:00.
Thanks for your advice.
bogdan

Why do you want to stop a plc on Xmas day? are you on a callout bonus over Xmas?.

Well if you want, create a clock in code, when you get to the time required, call a block that doesn't exist or call a db & it will stop if you have no diag. ob's programmed.

You can also use a STS or STP instruction to stop the PLC. Sorry if these mnemonics are not to be found in the English version, but I always use the German version.

I don't see why anybody would ever want to stop a PLC on a certain conditin. In fact, I always tell my trainees that the stop instructions should be the very last resort to turn to.

Bogdan, maybe you can shed some light, so we can learn.

Kind regards,

You have to check that CPU941/942 has real time clock. From Siemens documentation only 943/944 has. You may need outside clock from HMI or others.