S5 to WINCC communication with INAT TCP/IP card

dijk777

Hi all,

We just installed an INAT TCP/IP module in our S5 135U PLC rack but can't get it to communicate with WINCC. I checked the manual and tried many different settings in both the INAT and WINCC.

- We can ping the Inat module from the WINCC PC. WINCC is currently communicating to a S5-LAN module connected to the programmer port of the PLC. Communication is too slow and that's why we upgraded to the Inat module.
- I have tried the TSAP settings but gave up after trial and error. Do I need to use H1/local/remote /fetch, etc.

Has anybody used this combination before that can help us out here?

many thanks for your help!

I did contact them. Their office is closed this week and the reply I got was to study the manual and their OPC server examples that are somewhat related.
I now learned that I need to add Handling blocks in the S5 PLC (send/receive & synchronize) so I'll try that too.

I'm disappointed that it's taking me this much effort to get comms goings. I'm sure others have done this before and any help is really appreciated.