S5 WF470 Card

fireyrguns

Hi ,
I'm new here and very limited to my plc knowledge. But i'm hoping someone can answer a few ? for me. I have a S5 plc with WF470 video card installed hooked to a Nematron Mon-1503 monitor.What I would like to know is they both have a db9 plug. Can I buy or make a cable to hook a newer vga monitor up to work with this card and will it also need the graphics part of the program redone or work as is?

Thanks much in advance

fireyrguns,

I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting an answer to your problem. The WF470 card has appeared twice in the past, a couple of years ago and the knowledge of these cards then was practically zero, I don't think it has changed much.

You might have to explore other avenues to find your answer.

Sorry

Paul

Jeepers, this takes me back.

I used to know WF470's extremely well.

I was told they were developed especially for us, At Heinz in 1987'ish. Probably wrong, we had loads of them with 150U PLC's.

The output was simply with 3 (red/yellow/green???) plugs but all the intelligence was in the PLC.

The monitor was irrelevant, it was just a monitor no inteligence at all, you would need the WF470 programming package, the monitor wqs basic.

thanks

Thanks for the quick posts.

Peter i already have this running on my machine with a monitor but ours is hooked up with the 9pin plug not the 3 plugs which the card also has. What i really want to know since the monitor is just a monitor but being that it is an old monitor it has a 9 pin plug . Today monitors have 15 pin plugs do you think if i make a cable to go from 15 pin down to 9 pin will it work on the card.? I have the pin outputs of the card so i can just make my own cable just not sure if a new vga will work on this card that way?

Reason being our monitors are getting in very bad shape and if i can just add a new type to it would be way cheaper than looking for one of these older ones which is next to impossible plus alot cheaper than getting them fixed.

Thank you
Shawn

Last edited:
Peter W , I Think I know you (Does welsh ring a bell?)I worked as a contractor at HJH (EMCON), in answer to the question, the sync is on the green I seem to remember some time ago I got it to work but it was rather poor on svga.

parky said:
Peter W , I Think I know you (Does welsh ring a bell?)I worked as a contractor at HJH (EMCON)

And Pat suddenly became Patrick when I workd with him later would you believe!

EMCON RIP... shame about that, bleeding yanks shafted them, hope Steve managed to recover OK.

Parky... hmmmm I think I'm picturing you in my mind right now...

How are you? :)

Yes Peter, I mainly worked down in Harlesden B75, K2?

Not seen Pat for some time I now work for a food Mfg, nice to be home every day Where are you now.
Len.