S7-1200 Data Logging "Parameter" Setup

marko18

Hello all,

I'm currently using TIA Portal v17 with a S7-1200 and a KTP-400 Basic HMI. I have a data log set up that begins logging various data parameters once a "Start Logging" button is pressed on the HMI, and it stops when a "Stop Logging" button is pressed on the HMI. There are various "setup parameters" that I would like to log a single time when this button is pressed so that users can see the system settings at the time when the Data Logging began. For instance, when the "Start Logging" button is pressed on the HMI, I want the system information, software version, and other setup parameters to be printed once. I then want normal data like temperature, pressure, etc to print once every second until the "Stop Logging" button is pressed on the HMI.

I currently have one data log that only contains the normal data, and a different data log that only contains setup parameters. However, my goal is to have only one data log file be generated, which contains the one time setup parameters as well as the actual data which is being logged. In total I have about 40 parameters so I don't know the most effective way to accomplish this. Is it possible to use two different Headers in the same log and print one set of data one time, then switch to the other Header and print the rest of the data until the log is closed? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you