S7-1200 first time IP assignment problem

Yashka

Hi All
Could anyone please explain to me why TIA didn't fill the right field by known MAC? As I understand from various videos and tutorials it must be automatic. This field can't be filled by hand, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

tia_strange1.png

This is very strange. It should have been detected automatically.

I recommend you download the Profinet Commander tool which has a free version that supports DCP (Device basic Configuration Protocol) client functionality just to make sure that your PC's interface is communicating with the S7-1200. DCP does not require IP setting on the DCP server's (in this case the S7-1200's) side.

This is very strange. It should have been detected automatically.

I recommend you download the Profinet Commander tool which has a free version that supports DCP (Device basic Configuration Protocol) client functionality just to make sure that your PC's interface is communicating with the S7-1200. DCP does not require IP setting on the DCP server's (in this case the S7-1200's) side.

Thank you! It did help!