S7-1200 Upload Issues

theutinck

Hi all,

I have encountered this error when I tried to upload a project from a customers PLC.

"The program on the CPU is incompatible with the STEP 7 project. the version in the CPU:V0 --> the version of the STEP 7 project:V12"

I've tried to upload using Version 11 compatibility in V12, V12, V12 in compatibility in V13, and V13. the message is always the same.

thanks

Hey there.
Maybe of no use to you but I ran into this issue myself once. Turns out I had the right version of TIA portal. however, the PLC file had been done with Service Pack 1 and a full set of updates. Once I downloaded these updates and SP1 I was good to go.

solved

Ok I found the issue with the help of a Siemens tech. turns out that the original program was created in version 10.5. I talked to my rep and he will get me a copy of 10.5 software. I will upload and then convert to the various versions until its V13.

thanks