S7-1211 Ethernet comms to CPU317

Weird, when I try to upload a .gif, it uploads as a .jpg?

So here is an attempt with .bmp.

Your pictures confirm that S7-1200 can do PUT/GET.

If it is OK that it is the S7-1200 that does the putting and the getting, then Clive is set to go.

If it is the the S7-300 that has to send the data, then Clive has to go the Send-Receive route.

Hi All, Thank you for your help.

The problem is not put/get or send or receive. It is setting up the connection in Net Pro. I need to change from a CP343-1 lean to a CPU 343 - 1 6GK7-343-1EX30-0XE0 as stated above. I have done this in S7 317 hardware config. and all seems to sett up fine. Just need the new comms module to arrive (about 1 week) before I am sure. I will be using send / receive to talk to the 1211. I will let you all know when it has arrived.

Cheers Clive 🍺

I will be using send / receive to talk to the 1211.
Clive, the CP343-1 LEAN already support Send/Receive. No need to exchange it.
I think what confuses you is the connection setup in NetPro. I think you have setup an S7 connection. For Send/Receive you have to setup a TCP, an ISO-on-TCP or a UDP connection.

Thanks Jesper, but I already know that, I have used lean modules for some time for inter PLC communication with out any problems (Send/Receive ), but this is my first attempt with a 1211.
I cannot set up a TCP ISO-TCP or UDP connection that is my problem. S7 Connection cannot use the lean module. TCP connections can be set up but cannot see the 1200 , I get the message as in my original post "Passive connection establishment in progress"
I am looking into Open Communication set up but not sure how to set it up. I have installed the OC Wizard in S7 but it did not seem to work, but that could be me not doing setting it up correctly. I am trying to fined an example of S7 300 to 1211 using a lean module with OC.

this document page 107 indicated that send/receive can be used with the lean Module using OC.

Cheers Clive 🍺

For a TCP connection, I believe that you have to set it up as an "unspecified connection" in the S7-300/CP343-1 using AG_SEND/AG_RECV. In the S7-1200 the connection details are setup in code with the T blocks. It is indeed a bit tricky. I have only tried it with an S7-300 PN CPU to an S7-400/CP443-1 and it was a steep climb.
My point is: CP343-1 and CP343 LEAN behave exactly the same for Send/Receive. You wont get an advantage by switching from a CP343-1 LEAN to a CP343-1.

I am pussled that you can setup a fully specified TCP connection from the S7-300/CP343-1 to the S7-1200. Can you post a screenshot ?
edit: post screenshots from both the setup with CP343-1 LEAN and CP343-1 where the difference can be seen.

I dont know where you get the message "Passive connection establishment in progress". If it is an online status message, then I can understand it wont work if you have only configured one side (S7-300) and have not programmed the T blocks in the S7-1200.

The OC Wizard is not a big help. It merely assists in setting up the configuration DB. You have to add the T blocks in the S7-1200.
Have you tried to use the FAQ posted by MikeRH ? Use "method B" with the sample T block code for the S7-1200. For the S7-300/CP343-1 you have to find some other sample using AG_SEND/AG_RECV in stead of the T blocks.

I also must admit I have zero experience with S7-1200.

Last edited:
Joltron,
Thank you for that, but I need one for a S7-300 to S7-1200, not in TIA project, the 300 is in a S7 5.5 the 1200 is in TIA11.

Cheers Clive 🍺

The example was more or less just to show you how the OUC is setup for the 1200's. It doesn't have to be in the same project. You are just specifying an IP address, and Port to connect to. Then sending and receiving data based on the ID you assign it.

I use the block to receive data from scanners and send strings to printers.

Clive

I'm not sure of your problem but when I did it
I had to use s7300/400 addressing style on the
1200 side for the data block I was using