S7-1500 - Sending a HART Command programmatically using WRREC

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a field device (flowmeter) using HART wired to a 200SP HART input card. I need to read flow totalization. Configuring the actual card to read this data is straightforward. However, I need to be able to send a command to reset totalization.

The flowmeter literature has a list of commands, and the Siemens documentation says to use a WRREC instruction, but everything is quite cryptic on how to actually implement the instruction properly. It appears I need to manually construct the HART frame (preamble, start byte, checksum, etc). In 2023 you'd think there would be an easier way to do this, but I digress....

Does anyone have experience doing this that might be able to provide an example?

Thanks

Last edited: