S7-200 Counter - quick simple question

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm converting a S7-200 program to S7-300.

There's a counter being addressed as an open contact such as....

C1
--| |---

In S7-300 this contact would be ON if the counter (C1) is anything but 'zero'.

Looking in the S7-200 manual it looks like, in an S7-200, the contact would be ON only if the counter was 'zero' ??

Is this correct? Or is there a mistake in the manual??

Thanks for any help you can give me.

(While I'm on... is V60.0 the same memory area as VW60 or are they different areas?)

I'm sure that v60.0 and vw60 are referring to the same memory area. obviously bit vs word.

for the counter, I'm thinking that c1 goes high when preset is met. I am not 100%, but that's what my memory recalls.

I kind of jump around between s5-s7200-300-1200 platforms so I would use the help file to verify that.

Best of luck

Ok, thanks for the help.

I'm thinking the C1 'bit' is either high when the counter is zero or high when the counter is NOT zero (the latter being how the 300 series works) but I'll double-check. Thanks

** EDIT ** just reading the manual again and you're spot on. The counter bit is ON when the counter gets to the required number (if it's a count up) or when it gets to zero (if it's a count down..)... I'll just replace that with a comparator for S7-300. Thanks again :)

Last edited: