S7-200 plc connection to hmi MT6070IH and vfd

swissi

Hi gents
I have weintek HMI (MT6070IH) and s7-200 plc cpu 224 and vfd which supports rs485 modbus rtu communication.
The plc has 2 ports, one port will be connected to pc for online simulation while machine is running.
I need to connect the other port to both Hmi and vfd at the same time.
the hmi support ppi protocol and vfd does not.
Should I use microwin modbus control function to switch port communication protocol every time to communicate with vfd and back to ppi to communicate with hmi?, or is there any other way to do it?
can it be done this way, or its not save maybe will get communication error between plc and hmi.
i appreciate any idea you could sup
best regards :unsure:

I assume you want to control the VFD from the PLC over modbus 485, so youÂ’re wanting to make the PLC the modbus master?
The Weintek has a modbus server driver so you could have that as a slave to the PLC, as long as all the modbus parameters like baud rate are the same it should work.
The Weintek also has pass-thru mode, you might be able to use the HMI through the other PLC port and then monitor the program via the ethernet port on the weintek. In the Weintek folder in thee start menu, go down to utility and tin the utility manager you will see Analysis and testing, serial pass-through is in there