S7-200 to PC

I can't change any settings so that the MultiMaster selection is greyed out. Last thing I can think of is to make sure you run the program as administrator, in the start menu, right click the shortcut to the program and 'Run as administrator'.

Finally I have no experience running the program under Windows 7, I know that it will work running in a virtualised XP so maybe you will have to download VirtualBox or similar and get in to virtualisation.

Bryan

I run microwin V4.0.7.10 under windows professional 7. In the properties for the program I have run in compatibility mode windows xp SP3. I am an administrator of my PC. I have user control on and the run as administrator tick box is un checked.
It runs ok but I cannot change the USB PG interface. Luckily for me it is set and works but windows 7 has done something to stop me changing or altering the PG interface.
So I would suggest like the others that you run in a virtual XP mode.
I remember loading the USB to PPI drivers 2 or 3 times before all was Ok.

I Have the same problem of not being able to change the interface even under Vista, unless I do the right click and run as administrator, even though I am logged in with administrator privileges. I even find that it is different if I use the administrator setting in compatibility compared with the right click method...... We love Microsofto_O.

Bryan

I can't change any settings so that the MultiMaster selection is greyed out. Last thing I can think of is to make sure you run the program as administrator, in the start menu, right click the shortcut to the program and 'Run as administrator'.

Finally I have no experience running the program under Windows 7, I know that it will work running in a virtualised XP so maybe you will have to download VirtualBox or similar and get in to virtualisation.

Bryan
i took your advice and used virtualbox running xp and it all works fine so it looks like it was down to the OS thanks for the help much appreciated
icon14.gif

hi sir this in bhaskar ... i done M.Sc instrumentation and done project on automation..i worked on Modicon M340 PLC and ET -75 HMI, XBTGT 5340 graphical HMI ... now i am looking for automatioin job... if you find any job regarding automation in south india please let me know to [email protected]....
thank you

hi sir this in bhaskar ... i done M.Sc instrumentation and done project on automation..i worked on Modicon M340 PLC and ET -75 HMI, XBTGT 5340 graphical HMI ... now i am looking for automatioin job... if you find any job regarding automation in south india please let me know to [email protected]....
thank you
Mr. Bhaskar, first of all, don't hijack any threads, it is very impolite.
Secondly, before posting on the site, please read the info on top of this page under the "New Here? Please read this important info!!!" heading.
And thirdly, if you look well, there a special link for anything regarding offering and/or searching work. It's called the "PLC JOBS" link on top of this page.

Thank you.