s7-300 migrate s7-1200 problem

tulip

Hi.In the S7-300 plc, DB100.DBB10, whose data type is byte, is transferred to db23.dbb10, whose data type is bool, with the move command. This segment runs on S7-300. After this project is migrated to S7-1200, when the program is compiled It gives an error. In S7-1200, I changed the data type of the relevant data row from bool to byte. This time it gives an error again and DB23???? But the relevant line of DB23 is called bool in other blocks. Therefore, the data type should remain bool.Thanks in advance for any help..

1200 cares about data type, whereas S7-300 never really did.

You could use the SCATTER command to move it from a BYTE into an array of 8 bools, if you're trying to use optimized programming and do things the "new way".

You can also use merker byte address as temp variable.
Then copy from same merker bit addresses to dbx.x bits.

But Siemens wants you to use symbols on TIA.