S7-300 Password unlocking

Hello everybody, I'm a new member and this is the first time i post in this forum. In reply to krk, i have tried to retrieve the password from a rescent s7-300 and it works fine .Thanks to Tisher for his help

samirov said:
Hello everybody, I'm a new member and this is the first time i post in this forum. In reply to krk, i have tried to retrieve the password from a rescent s7-300 and it works fine .Thanks to Tisher for his help

Hi Samirov & Welcome

Do you mean that you used the S7ImgRd utility to retrieve the password or you used a method given to you by Petr (tischer)?

Hi again
I used s7ImgRd1 utility and it retreived the password but it was Petr who directed me towards the site just like you directed HansAndersen.
I then used s7Imgwr1 to write the image i got from s7Imgrd1 into a new 1gig mmc not siemens format but fat and compared the 2 image files with winhex and they are identical further more when i introduce the new mmc in the card reader the pc asks me if i want to format it which means for me that now the 1gig mmc is now siemens format, I'm i right? is it possible to use non siemens mmc? I haven't tried the new mmc in the plc .

samirov said:
I'm i right? is it possible to use non siemens mmc? I haven't tried the new mmc in the plc .

I can't help you there, as I haven't used either of these utilities myself...why don't you try your non-Siemens MMC in a PLC and let us know the results....

Yes you're right, i will try the new mmc tomorrow first thing and i'll let you know. there is one detail however, the first time i tried to write to the new mmc it gave nothing it was the second time that it worked, i don't know if this has any importance maybe Tisher can tell us.

samirov said:
further more when i introduce the new mmc in the card reader the pc asks me if i want to format it which means for me that now the 1gig mmc is now siemens format, I'm i right?
No.

samirov said:
is it possible to use non siemens mmc?
No. There are 3rd party suppliers of Siemens compatible "Micro Memory Cards", but you cannot use commercially available "MultiMedia Cards".