S7-300 Rungs and Network in TIA Portal

Can you show a screenshot of the block and a screenshot of your tag table. The only way i could reproduce this was to set the tag type in the tag table to something other than INT.

block.JPG tag table.JPG

Last edited:
Step7 was address based.
TIA portal is symbol based.

Orange color is only TIA portal's way to show that you are using constant addressing on code side. (warning).
On TIA portal's view you should use instead symbols names which have addresses to I/O or M-area so that code would be more easy to copy between different TIA projects.

p.s If it is actually RED color, then it is error and it won't compile.

Last edited:
Step7 was address based.
TIA portal is symbol based.

Orange color is only TIA portal's way to show that you are using constant addressing on code side. (warning).
On TIA portal's view you should use instead symbols names which have addresses to I/O or M-area so that code would be more easy to copy between different TIA projects.

p.s If it is actually RED color, then it is error and it won't compile.

Sorry guys, appologies for late response.

I have attached the tag table here.
I have tried both %PIW256 and %IW256:p no luck.; data type as INT; CPU-314C-2PN/DP, TIA Portal both V13 and V17

PIW.PNG

Last edited:
You have to click [Upload] to actually attach something. There are only select file extensions than can be attached; if the "tag table" is not one of those types, put it into a .ZIP file and attach that.

You have to click [Upload] to actually attach something. There are only select file extensions than can be attached; if the "tag table" is not one of those types, put it into a .ZIP file and attach that.

Thanks Bro, It was an oversight

In the tag table, you write an analog channel as AI_Temp , INT , %IW262
When writing the PLC code, you either specify
"AI_Temp" or "AI_Temp":p

Nice response Bro,

I tried AI_Temp" but no value coming; so I'm gonna try "AI_Temp":p and revert with update.

Hopefully digital I/Os? remain as usual I0.0 and Q0.0 Format?

Last edited:
In the tag table, you write an analog channel as AI_Temp , INT , %IW262
When writing the PLC code, you either specify
"AI_Temp" or "AI_Temp":p

Thanks Guys, this worked; %IW262 in Tag Table and "AI_Temp":p in PLC Code.

I appreciate Bro.

However, I observed another issue, my PID OUT was having value but the output device was not working.

For PID OUT, I used LMN (MDxx) and then UNSCALE block to scale 0-100 to 0-27648 with Output linked to "Tag":p address Format.

I tested both in AUTO and MANUAL Modes.

What could be wrong please?

Please, see attached pictures

1.jpg 2.jpg