S7-300 Upload Help

mike3475

Hi, Expect:
we have SIEMENS PLC S7-300: CPU 313C (6ES7313-5BG04-0AB0).
we don't have any software to upload its program. we just want to upload program and then print to PDF for troubleshooting.
I saw SIEMENS website having SIMATIC STEP 7 including PLCSIM V13 SP2 TRIAL Download for 21 days.
we didn't know this PLC program created by S7 basic or S7 Pro or TIA portal V13 SP2.
so which software we should download?
thanks in advance!

Try one if that does not work try the other... the trials are free, that CPU is still an active product so odds are its support by both, I would try TIA first but I think the rev needs to match so if it was programmed in 15 you need to have 15 to upload the program, so maybe Step7 would be the more 'sure thing'

As far as I know, you cannot upload an S7-300 program into STEP7 V5 if the program is made in TIA.
It is the most probable that the program is made with STEP7 V5 though, so start with that.
You will need an adapter to go online via MPI.

that machine was manufactured at 2014, TIA portal V13 was released at 2014, it is hard to say which software used for this program.
if this program was created by TIA portal V13, we still need MPI adapter?
thanks for your guys help.

As far as I know, you cannot upload an S7-300 program into STEP7 V5 if the program is made in TIA.
It is the most probable that the program is made with STEP7 V5 though, so start with that.
You will need an adapter to go online via MPI.

Is that CPU version supported in TIA? My understanding was that TIA only cared about the "high" end processors and the 1200's and later 1500's.

if this program was created by TIA portal V13, we still need MPI adapter?
The 313C only has an MPI port, so yes.

Is that CPU version supported in TIA? My understanding was that TIA only cared about the "high" end processors and the 1200's and later 1500's.
6ES7313-5BG04-0AB0 with FW 3.3 is supported.
I think it is unlikely though that a machine with an S7-300 that was delivered in 2014 was made with TIA.

I found two adapters.
one: Siemens 6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0 S7-200/300/400
another: USB-CABLE Programming Cable for Siemens 6ED1057-1AA01-0BA0/OBA6/A5
which one is good for CPU313C?
Thanks!

6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0 is the standard one.
6ED1057-1AA01-0BA0 is for LOGO only. Wont work with S7-300.

You might also find off-brand adapters that are not as expensive as Siemens.

hi, guys:
need to advice:
my laptop is window 10 Pro Version 2004 (64Bit)
S7 V5.6 compatible with Window 10 Pro Version 1607 (64bit).
that means i am good to go with S7 V5.6?
Thanks!

I tried to download S7 V5.6 SP2 at Wednesday last week, toady i got the same message that said i need confirmation.

You cannot download this file, since your registration inquiry is still being processed.
Please note: due to the manual review, the registration may take several days.
You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as your download registration is finalized.
You can download the software packages with export restrictions only when you have received the positive confirmation.

how long will i have to wait?

Thanks!

Last edited:
For me it took a couple of days.
It has been a long time since I got my confirmation, so it may have changed, become more restrictive maybe ?

edit: Thinking about it, I may have gotten my confirmation relatively fast since I and my company have been working with Siemens for a long time, so they knew me in advance.

Last edited: