Upload changes from S7-300 with TIA V13

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have had several instances where contractors have come in and updated an S7-300 program that was configured in TIA V13 but failed to leave me a copy of the program. I am looking for the best way to make my programs match up again.

In Simatic manager I could do a 'open online block...' then save it or copy a block from the online cpu to the offline. This would get me matching again.

I have tried multiple things in TIA but nothing has worked for me. I have tried copying the blocks from 'online access' to my project but id doesn't allow me to 'paste'. I have tried using the upload software button from the 'online' menu, this seems to upload the logic but loses all comments / symbols where Simatic manager would have at least applied the old known comments / symbols. Also this route no longer lets me monitor the project.

Even the detailed comparison no longer applies known symbols / comments when it displays the online logic.

Am I missing something?

Interesting, replying so I get the answer as well :). I thought programs made with TIA were not editable in Simatic Manager.

Side note, this should be easily resolved by adding a line to your contract that final payment will not be made until latest program revision has been submitted for your approval?

Unfortunately, I don't think you're missing anything. Portal's 300 support is mixed. It's great for doing the initial engineering, but it's not as good for supporting existing systems.

Best option I know of is a manual merge. Upload the 300 into a new project, and then do a comparison from the original to the new reference project to see what parts need to be copied or rebuilt into the original code. It isn't simple, intuitive, or efficient, but it should work.

Obviously if you can do things boneless's way, and wring it out of them contractually, thats gotta be easier.

boneless,

As far as I've seen, Simatic Manager will let you upload from a 300 with V13 code the same as v5.5 code. I'm not sure if Portal can upload from v5.5 or not.

It isn't like the incompatibility between different versions of Portal projects in a 1200/1500. Hopefully they'll fix that one of these days...