S7-300 Upload Help

uploaded program, but no comments and descriptions and some blocks were protected.
I don't like German company .they love to keep the secret.

Last edited:
uploaded program, but no comments and descriptions
That is normal for S7-300. Comments and symbols are not loaded in the PLC.

and some blocks were protected.
If these are SFBs or SFCs, then these are system blocks that are always protected.

Since the PLC isn't password protected, it seems they are not so secretive.

Or they want to avoid litigation because of uncontrolled changes...

This being said, it's possible to remove block protection that has been added by the company with Access 2007 or a specific program that is around the internet. I won't go any further since there's more reasons than keeping secrets to do this and it may well be an SFC/SFB that isn't open to anyone but Siemens (just like you can't open the MOV, PIDE instructions in AB land).

Or they want to avoid litigation because of uncontrolled changes...

This being said, it's possible to remove block protection that has been added by the company with Access 2007 or a specific program that is around the internet. I won't go any further since there's more reasons than keeping secrets to do this and it may well be an SFC/SFB that isn't open to anyone but Siemens (just like you can't open the MOV, PIDE instructions in AB land).

Unless they're using the block encryption that came out shortly before the 1500's, but I hardly see that out in the wild.

Hi, expert:
we called OEM and they can offer us TP700 HMI and S7-300 PLC program files, but all comments and descriptions and more are in German, is there a way with S7 V5.6 SP2 we can switch language from German to English? if so, we can easily read the program in English.
another question : which software we need to open TP700 HMI program file?
thanks!

Hi, expert:

I know your not talking to me but....

is there a way with S7 V5.6 SP2 we can switch language from German to English? no, its manually wrote by the programmer so you will need to copy and paste into a translator, google is getting better so it may be enough to know what you need to know to decipher the program

another question : which software we need to open TP700 HMI program file?

I think it depends on the age of the HMI, older ones need to use WinCC.... I have only used ones that use TIA Portal and I think it only supports the newer ones but someone else can tell you, it would help if you list the part numbers, 6AVxxxx or 6ESxxxx

What are the file extensions of the files you are getting ?
There are several possible ways the PLC and TP700 can have been programmed.
Separate STEP7 Classic for S7-300 and TIA for the TP700.
Or an integrated TIA project for S7-300 and TP700.
And different TIA versions.

TIA actually supports comments in multiple languages. But someone have to enter the comments in the other language. It does sound as if only german is available.

TP700 comfort: 6AV2 124-0GC01-0AX0
we didn't get project files yet, we just want to know any possible to transfer all tags and comments and descriptions and more from German to English just like a shot before we order those project files.
now we know that will be massive job to do, but it is worth to try.
we will ask OEM about which software they use to program TP700 HMI and S7-300 PLC and both project file extensions.
Thanks for geniusintraining and JesperMP to help us!

TP700 comfort: 6AV2 124-0GC01-0AX0
we didn't get project files yet, we just want to know any possible to transfer all tags and comments and descriptions and more from German to English just like a shot before we order those project files.
now we know that will be massive job to do, but it is worth to try.
we will ask OEM about which software they use to program TP700 HMI and S7-300 PLC and both project file extensions.
Thanks for geniusintraining and JesperMP to help us!

Under the project tree you'll find something called symbols, that contains symbolic addressing for all symbolically addressed tags and block names. In the past I've copied and pasted to excel, ran a translate then pasted back.

As for the contents of blocks (comments etc) I've never used this but I'm sure you can export the project language to an excel file (an actual function of simatic manager) and then add a new column with your new language and import back, then you can switch between which language you're using. If you call siemens support they will help you out they're quite good