S7-317T unable to go online via DP but port viewable via accessible nodes

dan_cup

Hi all,

I have a problem with a 317-2 Technology CPU. The point I’m at now is that via PG/PC interface via Profibus I can test the port and get OK then read I get 0 and 2 ticked (laptop and CPU).
In accessible nodes is see DP=2 But going via the ONLINE tab the CPU is grayed out and connection via HWconfig is not possible.

As I am testing this off the machine I only have the CPU powered up, nothing else connected.

This is a flow of what I’ve done.

· Default CPU settings initialised so MPI/DP port is now MPI = 2
· PG/PC interface MPI diagnostics show OK and READ shows 0 (laptop) and 2 (CPU)
· Accessible nodes shows MPI=2
· Hardware Config wont connect (offline MP/DP address changed from Profibus 12MPS to MPI, save/complie)
· Hardware config now connects and I can download config onto CPU
· All blocks can also be downloaded onto CPU
· View CPU via ONLINE tab shows all blocks
· View hardware config ONLINE shows CPU state

HOWEVER CPU needs to be on the Profibus 12MPS network for remote I/O

· Change Offline hardware config to Profibus 12 MPS and networked = YES
· Download via MPI onto CPU – warning that PG/PC needs changed after download performed.
· Change PG/PC interface to Profi 12 MPs and (diagnostic shows OK and READ shows 0 and 2) ( MPI now shows transmission error)
· Accessible nodes shows Profibus = 2
· Go ONLINE tab to CPU and CPU is grayed out (blocks not viewable)
· Go to Hardware config ONLINE and error for online not possible.

Its as if the Profibus port cannot read into the CPU but the MPI part can?!

Is it a 6ES7317-6TJ10-0AB0 ?
If so, it has 2 MPI/DP ports.
So you can attach the 12MB DP IO to one port, and go online via the other port and MPI (or DP) at a lower bitrate.

You dont inform what you online hardware is.
If it is an older PC Adapter, then I think it may be limited to 1.5M. The latest PC Adapter USB A2 supports 12M.
Even if 12M is supported, then I know that 12M is very finicky. I would not mix DP at 12M with PG or HMIs or anything else.

Is it a 6ES7317-6TJ10-0AB0 ?
If so, it has 2 MPI/DP ports.
So you can attach the 12MB DP IO to one port, and go online via the other port and MPI (or DP) at a lower bitrate.

You dont inform what you online hardware is.
If it is an older PC Adapter, then I think it may be limited to 1.5M. The latest PC Adapter USB A2 supports 12M.
Even if 12M is supported, then I know that 12M is very finicky. I would not mix DP at 12M with PG or HMIs or anything else.

Hi Jesper

it is a 317-6TK13-0AB0

One port is MPI/DP and the other is DP(Drive) which i dont think you should apply PG to?

I am using a 2 year old Simatic PG via the 9 pin port it comes with. do you think it can communicate via the 12MPS?

So, do you think that as i downloaded the HW and blocks via MPI, they are 'on' the CPU and MMC. Ive then changed the port to DP so if i was to mount it back onto the Rack it might talk via DP to the remote I/O.

it is a 317-6TK13-0AB0
One port is MPI/DP and the other is DP(Drive) which i dont think you should apply PG to?
Use the MPI/DP port for the PG and/or any HMI connection. Set it to 187k or 1.5M. Use the DP port for the I/O.

I am using a 2 year old Simatic PG via the 9 pin port it comes with. do you think it can communicate via the 12MPS?
It is probably equivalent to a CP5611 or a CP5622. It should definietely support 12M.

Not sure why the online connection is greyed out. What exactly is your PG/PC set to (screenshot please) ?

Even if it should support 12M, I would not use the PG/PC at 12M.

So, do you think that as i downloaded the HW and blocks via MPI, they are 'on' the CPU and MMC.
Yes.

Ive then changed the port to DP so if i was to mount it back onto the Rack it might talk via DP to the remote I/O.
Not sure what you mean.

Use the MPI/DP port for the PG and/or any HMI connection. Set it to 187k or 1.5M. Use the DP port for the I/O.

On the machine i cant do this as the DP(Drive) is connected to some S120 drives, and also in this case now i cant get online to change it back from 12MPS to 1.5m(n) i might factory restore it and try again at 1.5m

So the machine has two seperate Profibus 12MPS networks

It is probably equivalent to a CP5611 or a CP5622. It should definietely support 12M.

It is a CP5711

Not sure why the online connection is greyed out. What exactly is your PG/PC set to (screenshot please) ?

Even if it should support 12M, I would not use the PG/PC at 12M.

Yes.

Not sure what you mean.

See attachements
*capture 2 shows when opening the ONLINE version of HW config

Capture.jpg Capture1.jpg Capture2.PNG

Since the PLC is equipped with a CP343-1 LEAN, why not simply go online via Ethernet ?

In the Simatic net diagnostics, nodes 0 (the PG) and 2 (the PLC) are detected. If there are no other nodes, what is stopping you from setting the interface to 1.5M ?

Anyway, you are online because STEP7 detects that there is a difference between the offline and online hardware configurations.
Maybe the differences are there because you are playing around with it.

It is all a bit unclear. Post a screenshot from the hardware configuration.
Dont change the hardware configuration before it is all clarified.

Since the PLC is equipped with a CP343-1 LEAN, why not simply go online via Ethernet ?

In the Simatic net diagnostics, nodes 0 (the PG) and 2 (the PLC) are detected. If there are no other nodes, what is stopping you from setting the interface to 1.5M ?

Anyway, you are online because STEP7 detects that there is a difference between the offline and online hardware configurations.
Maybe the differences are there because you are playing around with it.

It is all a bit unclear. Post a screenshot from the hardware configuration.
Dont change the hardware configuration before it is all clarified.

indeed we normally do go online via the LEAN module but as the CPU was new(second hand reparied one) and needing the HW/Prog put in i was trying to get it on via the serial lead.
via the LEAN was offering no comms either.

can be a bugger this Siemens!

Highlight the project name at the top...F0_...
You should have a PG/PC there. Double click it
This is how the routing to the drives work (since you can’t be on the DP drive port)
When this project is opened the pg interface changes according to this setup

Thank you for all your help and tips!

I ended up downloading the HW and blocks via MPI after factory resetting.
I then changed the port so it was on the Profibus Network and put the speed to 1.5m.
Once downloded i could see the ONLINE HW and blocks. it wasnt greyed out! so Jesper you must be right about the PG and 12M!

Ive now set the Profibus to 12M and next week we will try the CPU on the machine and hopefully the HW will recognise the CP card and we go online via ethernet .