S7 Encoder block understanding

Matchu04

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All

I was wondering if someone could explain how the set point in this encoder block gets passed to the counter.

NW 1 transfer the encoder set point to the work DBW100
NW 2 is ensuring a consistent encoder pulse
NW 3 is determining the last closed direction
NW 4 is counting the closed position pulses (Not sure this is used)
NW 5 is where I get a little confused.
Counter 20 is decremented when the direction was last closed and increment when open. When the guides are fully open the working valve is loaded into the accumulator and then c 20 is set.

The two bits I don't really understand. [1] Am i right in thinking that the load in NW 5 is passing the setpoint to the counter?? [2] how do you set a counter?? is this setting the counter state?

Any help would be greatly appreciate guys.

Regards

Matthew

If it makes it easier the stl code for the network is

Code:
A M41.0
A M41.2
CD C20
A M41.0
AN M41.2
CU C20
A I13.4
l DBW 100
S C20

I think I may have found my answer but would like confirmation if possible. Am i right in thinking that on the positive edge trigger of I13.4 preset valve of what ever is in DBW100 is loaded into the counter??

If this is the case what happens to the counter value if the counter doesn't see this trigger will it just count up and down between 0 and 999???

Last edited: