S7 Profibus Diagnostic Repeater funny problem

S7PP

Merry Christmas Guys. Are you still working?
Hey, I found something strange here: I create a new project with S7-300, profibus connected 1 ET200M, 1 Repeater and 1 MM4 drive on the DP2 outlet of repeater. I download the project and everything works fine. However, when I open the Topology, it shows me the totally different picture. I was shocked. Where are those things come from? IS there a way to reset the repeater?

Repeater1.JPG
Repeater2.jpg

Hello S7PP, re-start topology process by SFC103 again, cause repeater keeps last result since no new topology dectection command.

Hey, Hill, I got it. Thanks for your reply. However, I still have problems with reading the diagnostic data to my program.

Do I have to synchronous cycle interrupts to achieve that?

Why the repeater shows me a BF error when I drag the TSYNC diagnostic module to it?

Thanks a lot.

S7PP

Sorry, I have no idea about the synchronous cycle.
Is the topology already showing correctly? or still something wrong.
To detect the topo need sometime don't start again before topo dectect finish. You could monitor the error and status from SFC103.

Thanks for your reply, I got this part already. I used SFC103 to determination the bus Topo and used SFC13 to read diagnostic data from repeater. After that, I simulated some errors on the profibus line and try to figure out how the diagnostic data changes. I found that the diagnostic data only remain the change for 1 cycle and change back to normal(without error). I don't know why.
I think the synchronous is still necessary. I used SFC126 and 127 within OB61 to do the work.
By the way, are you Chinese or a foreigner working in China? Where are you now? I'm in Toronto but I'm originally a Chinese. :) Thanks and Happy New Year!

Seems Chinese really all over the world, I'm Chinese work for a foreign company.
By the way synchronous is not necessary for the topology I think. To make the topology is for testing and examination for your bus stutus and structure, in order to make fine installation. As all intallation work finish, and topology is done, you don't need it any more.But only for research it's good to know every detail.
Happy new year to you and take care.