amprolyzer - Profibus diagnostic

plc'r'us

Hi,

Did anyone work with Amprolyzer software?

I heard what it is an utility for check a Profibus network.
I will thank some advices about it, its utility, defects, etc...

(if you say it is good, i´ll ask for the price.....)

Thank You

Hello, plc'r'us;
No need to ask for pricing, Amprolizer is downloadable from the Siemens website for free. Good little piece of software for looking at the present status of a Profibus network, as mentionned by _Spiff_. One problem though: it runs on Windows 95. So you need an older computer, probably with an ISA card (CP5412A2) to connect to the network.
Let me check if something newer is available.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello again, plc'r'us;
You were right, there is a new version of Amprolizer, working under Win2000 and XP Pro, and not free. Use the following link to download the demo version and decide whether you want to by the "Online" version registration.
http://sibizz.samhammer.de/ProAmpDown/estartdownload.cfm
You will also need a CP5611 card to hook up to the bus, of course.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier