S7 - tricky one

luccass

Hi guys,
Simple question, but I cannot find simple answer to it:
How to read the instance DB symbolic name from within FB?

If this is not clear let me explain: I have a FB that operates on many DBs. Within every DB there is a variable defined (let's call it DB_name). What I need is the DB_name value to be the DB symbolic name (from symbol table).

Is it possible at all?

Thanks!

The symbol table is 'offline' as such and I don't think its accessible from within the program. Why can't you just type them in? The symbol is only for the benefit of the programmer to help them identify what the DB does. As far as the code is concerned they aren't necessary.

Similar Topics

Good Eve Gentlemen, We had this cold room which was converted to hot room before I joined this work. Everthing was fine until a month ago, they...
Replies
Views
Hi Here's a question I'm about to ask Omron.. as soon as I can figure out who to ask.. It's complicated asking support.. their web email form...
Replies
Views
I have a controller that gets turned on by the push of a momentary push button with one set of contacts, and remains on using a single SPDT non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am just out of school and working in my first engineering position doing mostly PLC (SLC500) work at a small company. I have been...
Replies
Views
We have faced a tricky problem . The panel view Plus 1000 is not going online..The network guy "Ping" from system and shows that the node is ok...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom