Safety Output to Multiple Safety Contactors

d21x

Safety Risk Assessment is PLd Category 2.

Can I have a Safety Relay output wired to 14 Safety Contactors?

Or do I need a Safety Relay with 14 outputs to each of the 14 Safety Contactors?

The PLC is a SLC, not sure if I want to go with a Safety PLC. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

For myself, I might fan it out with some force-guided relays, in groups of four or five contactors. Don't forget the EDM contacts, they can all go back to the safety relay in series, probably including your interposing relays. Just my opinion.

Similar Topics

Hello, We are re-wiring a multi-conveyor system used for educational purposes, and I'd like to run the basic design of the safety circuit/power...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using AB 5069-L306ERS2 CPU. My system should achieve SIL-2. I have safety door switches connected to AB 5069-IB8S module, and I want to...
Replies
Views
I have a Point IO safety chasis with some safety IO (1734-OBV2S cards in it). This is controlled by a GuardLogix PLC. I have two robots that I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have an application with a PF755 and Guardlogix PLC that controls a lifting mechanism driven by a motor with a brake and encoder. I...
Replies
Views
Hi PLCs.net! I had some questions about using the Safety Output Card, I have aL310ERMS2 with V32 in it. I have tried to use the PLC to energize...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom