SCADALARM 6.0 sending email question

Hi!

I want to configure our SCADALARM to send an email when an alarm occur. I configured the email addresses of the receivers but I'm having a hard time in configuring the email tab in system parameters. I enable email, put my google account (for testing only) and put the smtp.mail.google.com as Email server. But when I tried to manually send email , no email was received.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Hello,

Three things.
1) smtp.mail.google.com I thought it was smtp.gmail.com.
2) GMail requires TLS/SSL. If "SCADALARM" does not support TLS/SSL, it will not work.
3) You normally have to specify the port numbers.

These are the settings I know work in PeakHMI.

The settings used for testing TLS/SSL with Gmail:

SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
Authentication: Autoselect
SSL-Type: Implicit (TLS Connection)
Priority: Normal

POP3 (if required)
POP3 host: pop.gmail.com
SMTP port: 995
Authentication: Login
SSL-Type: Implicit (TLS Connection)