Scaling Problem

If you don't mind can you teach me how to make changes in offset and what is add on instruction.

The offset in your program is probably there to correct an error
coming from your pressure transmitter. The value could have been determined during a calibration. Most would correct the error in the transmitter some like to do this in the PLC ( not me). So you will have to calibrate the transmitter first, if it's calibration is ok then no offset is necessary.

I am not a RsLogix5000 user so someone else will have to jump in and explain "Add on Instruction"

Last edited:
A couple of questions
1.Are you seing raw analogue data from the AI Card
2.Is the new Sensor range correct (+/- 5v) (+/- 10v) (0~20ma) (4~20ma)
According to Your PDF (SCP)
"Local:4:I.Ch6Data"
These Min/Max scaled values "0" "200" are for your old sensors
This should be changed to ("-30" "+30") or ("-300" "+300")
depending on your desired information

The Analogue input card does the hard work

convoluted thread alert ...

anyone interested in helping with this problem should be aware of a little history on what has already been done ...

in the following thread, the original poster asked for help with Add-On Instructions ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=425044&postcount=1

the samples mentioned in my reply (below) include an SCP which should have fully answered his basic question in the AOI department ...

in RSLogix5000 go to File Open > Samples Folder > ENU (stands for "English United States") > open the folder that matches your version > Rockwell Automation > Add_On_Instructions_Samples

if you used the default installation for RSLogix5000, then you'll probably find that you have quite a few samples already loaded on your computer ...

then ...

for some reason, the original poster jumped to another thread on exactly the same subject ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=425094&postcount=1

he finally emailed his program to me – and in post #15 of that thread I pointed out several important facts – including the following:

(2) whoever wrote those SCP Add-On Instructions got the internal formula wrong ...

specifically, this poor guy has inherited a seriously flawed program – and seems unwilling or unable to correct the underlying problems ... obviously the home-brewed SCPs he is trying to use WILL NOT WORK properly until the formula inside those SCPs has been corrected ...

note that the "Samples" files that I recommended earlier do contain a format for an SCP which would work correctly ...

going further, I then made the following recommendation ...

I highly recommend that you make another post in this thread and give me permission to attach a copy of the program that you sent to me by email right here on the forum ...

then ...

in spite of my recommendation to use the SAME THREAD, for some reason, the original poster jumped to yet another thread on exactly the same subject ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=425303&postcount=1

in post #3 of that thread (with the original poster's permission) I posted his program as:

(1) an ACD file ...
(2) an L5K file ... and ...
(3) a PDF file ...

many people have tried to help this guy – but for some reason or other we're just not getting through to him ...

so - there are (as of this writing) at least three separate threads all related to one problem ... if you're going to try to help (and bless your heart for trying), then you probably need to be aware of that fact ...

party on ...

Last edited:
thanks for that

I was just thinking that the incorrect analogue device was used