Schneider aquires Invensys, Wonderware.

Guys is Citect dying as well? Schneider seem to push Clear SCADA more than anything. Not sure what they will do with all the SCADA softwares they have acquired.

Agree the bigger they become the harder it is to deal with.

thanks

hazey

Schneider is trying to push their PLC ranges
So thay can sell Magellin and "clear.." (never heard of that one)
Citect and wonderware are both excelent, so if they play similar games they can control the market.
we can only wait and see.
One of our major car part manufacturers did what Schneider is doing now.
(buying competition suppliers)
Then one day an alternive supplier bought the company out from underneath it and sold it's Manufacturing arm off
(REPCO) to the Aussies , was broken up in the early 80's

Similar Topics

Hi, Is Control Expert V15.0 supposed to support multiple monitors? I'm running Control Expert V15.0 on my host Windows 11 PC, connected to two...
Replies
Views
Everything was working fine, but suddenly CPU went into error mode, and the ERR and TER LEDs lit up. Now I can't download or connect with the PLC...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am wanting to update the system clock via NTP in the M580/M340. I'm aware that we are able to connect to a NTP in the controller...
Replies
Views
I am using Schneider elau pack drive servo motor ISH-100. I am facing the problem that On the ISH -100 red light is blinking and pack drive C-600...
Replies
Views
Hello, As part of our project, we are using an M241 controller. This controller interfaces with an industrial computer and a router via a switch...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom