Schneider HMISCU

Simonw66

I am a veteran PLC engineer, familiar with the AB PLC5, 5.02, then on to control logix. The Schneider HMISCU is fitted to a project we have been asked to support. I have a number of questions,

1. can you please confirm what software we need to program both the logic and HMI itself?
2. The client does not have a copy of the program installed, does the annotation live onboard the HMISCU, or if i upload will I just get the raw logic without comments?

Any support very much appreciated,

Thanks in advance, Simon

You will need ecostruxure machine expert software (formerly somachine)
The software is actually 2 softwares combined into one. The plc portion (machine expert) and vijeo designer for the hmi screens.
On the hmi side of things you will not be able to upload the software if a certain setting was not selected in vijeo designer.
Same applies for the plc side

HMISCU Schneider

Thanks for the response. Are you saying that if the previous programmer set some bits then the HMI and Logic are never retrievable! If so, time to rip it out and replace with something more supportable. You didn't answer my main question, do annotations, i.e. tags and labels/descriptions etc in the logic get downloaded with the code, are they unloadable? Many thanks,

Do HMISCUxB5 3.5 inch and 5.7 inch require same programming in vijeo designer or not. As when we configure HMISCUxB5 there is no option for selecting the size of HMI. Cn any anyone please guide?