Schneider PACDrive LMC600 Problems

sigmadelta

I have a client with a problematic PacDrive LMC600. It also has a separate PNC_Controller (Profinet) module.

The original problem with the unit is that the machine stopped all of the sudden in mid-production, and they could not recover. The PACDrive failed.

The PACDrive had be sent back to Schneider for repair/evaluation, and it merely said they did "hardware and software updates" and "replaced a dead battery".

When I arrived on the scene, one of the error messages is:

The configuration file of the controller firmware could not be found on the system. If was tried to find a fallback version. Required: 1.54.6.0 Used: 1.64.17.1. Maybe not all data could be read."

The original project (unfortunately we have no source code/project) appears to have been done in 2016 with SoMachine V4.3, using firmware V1.54.6.0. A Schneider expert said that the firmware resides on the CF card not in the unit, so I have no idea how 1.64.17.1 could be used at all. Any theories out there? I tried to ask Schneider tech support with no response.

Next problem, is that the ECM_Master (EtherCat Master) port (CN10) says the following:

ECM_Master section: “NetXCommonStatusBlock/CommError CABLE_DISCONNECT / 0xC0000145”

The cable was indeed plugged in with lights on, and when I connected the computer directly as a test to ping it, there is no reply.

Similar issue with the PNC_Controller (Profinet). Many parameters from the diagnostics state "<not readable>", and when I disconnect the Profinet network and connect the computer directly to ping, again no reply.

Schneider sent the unit back, and has insisted that they did their due diligence and found no problem with the unit. They say they cannot help unless we have a source project. Since when do you need a source project to check if you have a defective controller or not??

Based on the above:

- does anyone know what the firmware error is about and is there a way to solve it?
- based on the above information, do you think my client has a defective LMC600?
- how else would you suggest to confirm whether or not the controller is defective beyond a shadow of a doubt?