Schneider Pacdrive C400

nehpets

Hi all,
Just been given a task of modifiying the program in a Pacdrive 400 controller, (a new one on me).
According to Google, the original manufacturer was a German Company ELAU, who have subsequently been obtained by Schneider. It would appear the programming software was EPAS-4, but there is no reference to this on the Schneider website and I can't find any definative answer to the programming package I need to obtain to be able to view/modify the program.
Any info would be appreciated.
Steve

Last edited:
It is correct that the software you need is EPAS-4 to view or modify the program in a C400 controller. You should still be able to get the software by contacting a local Schneider Electric representative or distributor in your country. If you are looking to modify the program though you may need to find out which version of EPAS-4 was used by the original programmer or you may have some problems with compatibility. Also, you cannot guarantee that the source code you upload from the controller (if that was your intention) is the actual running program or if the source code is even stored on the controller since in EPAS-4 this is optional for the programmer.

I believe the current software is probably Schneiders EcoStruxure Machine Expert V2.0 LogicBuilder. There is a 42 day free trial (Rockwell please note). I think it's Schneiders version of Siemens TIA Portal. It is a large download and takes an hour or two to install. I'm not sure of backwards compatability with EPAS-4.

Machine Expert V2.0 is NOT compatible with with a controller programmed with EPAS-4. These are entirely different software packages (CoDeSys V2.x Vs. CoDeSys V3.x). EPAS-4 is for the PacDrive "M" series of controllers. Machine Expert is used with the current PacDrive "3" controllers and other Schneider PLC's and Motion controllers (M241,M251,M262).

Thanks for the Info, my project is bang uptodate using all the latest Pacdrives, so hopefully I won't have compatability problems:oops: