Schneider-PM5320 Energy Meter Ethernet Communication With Rockwell PLC

prakasha

Hi All,

We are planning Establish communication between Power Energy Meter (Schneider PM5320) with Rockwell PLC. I am unable to get the Assembly instance Input size, Output size and Configuration size.. If anybody having idea on this Please drop a details here. if i get details that will be very helpful to complete my project. I wish to add as Ethernet generic Module

Thanks in advance

According to the PM5320 datasheet (https://www.se.com/au/en/product/download-pdf/METSEPM5320), that meter appears to only support Modbus/TCP and BACnet/IP protocols, not EtherNet/IP (which is why you won't be able to find Assembly details or use the Generic Ethernet Module).

You will need to either configure the Rockwell PLC to communicate Modbus/TCP (https://www.rockwellautomation.com/...d=modbus%20tcp%20client;activeTab=Sample_Code) or buy a gateway that can convert between EtherNet/IP and Modbus/TCP (or BACnet/IP).

Thank you for the reply..
Will you suggest me any latest meter which supports Ethernet with assembly instance details. Preferably I am looking for Siemens and Schneider meters.. I am greatful if I get right one to use.

Thanks in advanc