Schneider Unity Pro Simulation to Citect SCADA

Hi all,

I have a system running a Modicon M340 with Unity Pro and a Magelis Compact iPC with Citect SCADA v7.0 connected via a managed ethernet switch. We have recently had to replace some faulty parts in the HMI, and I am looking to test if the HMI is responding to I/O changes. The plant is currently not operational, so I want to use the simulator in Unity Pro, just to switch on some motors and see if the HMI responds.

I have attempted to connect my laptop to the HMI through the switch, both with the PLC connected & my IP address set to 127.0.0.1 and with the PLC unplugged & my IP set to the PLC address. I am hoping there is a simple way to connect via simulation mode and alter IO values to the HMI that I am currently missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to forum!

Since you have real HMI and plc on simulator, you don't connect HMI to 127.0.0.1 but to your computers LAN IP

If you would have HMI also on simulator mode on PC then your HMI coms would be 127.0.0.1

But it should be possibile even now with unity pro.

Change your computer's Lan to some ip like 192.168.0.1 and panel to 192.168.0.2 (IP only need be at same area)
Connect your pc to switch and hmi too.
Don't connect to factory lan, since then you have simulated plc there.

Now on unity -> simulator-> connect -download
Then disconnect -> connecy settings -> change 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.0.1 on simulation mode setting
-> connect again
Now your simulated PLC have 192.168.0.1 IP with port 502 and you should able see it outside of PC.
Wirewall can block 502 port still so check settings of firewall.

This only work if you change 127.0.0.1 to PC's lan IP. Also ethernet port need to be connected, before you can connect to PC ip.

It also maybe needed download plc program again to simulated plc after you have connected to simulator with IP 192.168.0.1. It maybe not change ip before to outside.

You should see also ip change on simulator panel.
After you have downloaded 2nd time, sim panel should also show ip 192.168.0.1 instead of 127.0.0.1.