SE HMI not seeing the plc.

SMOKE

So I was called in Friday night a PLC was faulted. The fix was easy key reset. Have any of you guys made a message with FT SE to tell that there is no comms with the PLC?
Also I tried to connect to the PLC from home and Linx or a ping could not see it. I reset the PLC with the key so I don't know the fault.

Smoke

What kind of plc? Normally you can still go online to reset the fault unless it is a major hardware fault which may trump comms but i have never seen that happen.

Most of the time there is a no comms message in view se and me that indicated no comms but does not give a reason. AFAIK it is built in and does not need to be setup or configured.

So I was called in Friday night a PLC was faulted. The fix was easy key reset. Have any of you guys made a message with FT SE to tell that there is no comms with the PLC?
Also I tried to connect to the PLC from home and Linx or a ping could not see it. I reset the PLC with the key so I don't know the fault.

There is a Tech Note on the AB/Rockwell Knowledgebase 55990 that talks about how to do this.

Was the Fault LED on solid, or flashing?

Stu....